Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day one.

Hello.

After a long time trying to get a website going I have decided the start a blog instead. I hope that the ease of this process will allow me share more of my artwork more often.

I have been working as an artist professionally for the last 5 years, for more on that you can check out my bio. Since the majority of my most recent work is still covered by my Non-Disclosure Agreement with Propaganda Games, I will begin with some of my older work.

These are some selected pages from a comic that I penciled for a company out of Bermuda, called First Salvo Productions. As such all rights reserved Thad Branco and First Salvo Productions 2004.

I worked really hard on these pages and used a lot of reference. Almost all of the pages were drawn larger than normal (comicbook pages are usually drawn at 10" x 15", then reduced in size for print.) I still really like the way they all turned out and all the effort that went into them still holds up today. For those of you out there who are big comicbook fans you will notice that I was really trying to incorporate some of my biggest influences, Joe Madureira and Ed McGuinness. So those guys have to get props for inspiring me and pushing me to be a better artist.

Peace.

No comments: