Saturday, February 13, 2010

More pretty ladies


more gestures, this time I numbered the poses and put the times down. I am hoping that I will be able to see some type of progression as I warm up. I am hoping that I will be able to capture more information faster and more accurately as time goes on.

One draw back to working digitally, that is that the wacom pen doesn't really seem to work when you hold with the point up (like you hold a soft pencil while doing life drawing, like holding a remote control or a flashlight.) Holding a pencil, or whatever, allows you to put down a wider variety of marks and therefore you are able to capture more information faster.

These have all been done using sketchbook pro, I love the brushes to death and my shaky hands don't seem to show through like they do when I use photoshop. There may come a time when I will have to switch in order to experiment with brushes and pen tilt to see if I can get something that mimics charcoal or conte.

No comments: